It is also very important to install the rangehood with the correct ducting to ensure that all the by-products of cooking are exhausted from the kitchen.
The cost to fix an incorrectly installed rangehood may be extremely expensive, especially if joinery or ducting needs to be removed and altered, so it is much better to get it right the first time.
Tips to correctly duct your rangehood:
- Always use correctly sized ducting – DO NOT reduce the size of the ducting
- Always use solid ducting
- Always use non-flammable ducting
- Always duct to the outside atmosphere
- Do not use flexible ducting
- Do not duct into the ceiling space
- Avoid sharp 90 degree bends as much as possible, use 45 degree bends instead wherever possible
- Duct to the outside atmosphere using the shortest duct run possible
- Use cylindrical ducting whenever possible